Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started by The Broke and Bookish that I love but rarely contribute to. This week's theme caught me though as it isn't just another list of books, but is a lot more personal!
So my bookish confessions:
1. I get bored reading grownup books and worry that it is because, having read so many children's and YA books, I've lost all stamina! Nothing to do with the quality of the writing, but books for teens generally have a much faster pace, with less scene setting and more interest.
2. Even though I've always worked in libraries I quite often have overdue books!
3. I get sent so many books, and pick so many up at conferences, that I will never have time to read them all :-(
4. I always go to see the film version of a book I love even if I know it will only disappoint or anger me, and I avoid seeing films if I know they're based on a book I haven't read (even if I know I'll never find time to read the book!).
5. I don't buy many books, I'll read a library copy and only buy it if I'm getting a signed copy and/or particularly love it, but will always pre-order Terry Pratchett.
6. I prioritise library books on my tbr shelf because I know they need to be returned, so if I own a copy of something sometimes I'll borrow another from the library just so I can justify bumping it up the pile!
7. The folding down of pages, or when kids fold a book in half to read it, pains me...I suffer a lot at school! But that is why I have a wedge of bookmarks next to the checkout for them, grr.
8. I don't like lending people my own books and sometimes I don't even want to take them out of the house myself in case they get damaged in my bag.
9. I feel guilty reading something that I've picked up just because I fancy it - I should be reading new releases because it is hard enough to keep up - and I never make time to re-read anything
10. I have a list of first editions that will be the first thing I hunt for if we win the lottery.
Review: American Panda by Gloria Chao
2 hours ago