Monday 3 February 2014

#CKG2014 - my personal longlist

I read a few more Carnegie nominations in January:


Bradford, Chris, Bodyguard: Hostage (Puffin Books)
Dockrill, Laura, Darcy Burdock (Corgi Children's Books)
Kessler, Liz, North of Nowhere (Orion Children's Books)
McDowell, Nigel, Tall Tales from Pitch End (Hot Key Books)
Pass, Emma, ACID (Corgi Children's Books)
Watts, Helen, One Day in Oradour (A & C Black)
Whyman, Matt, The Savages (Hot Key Books)



None of them were anything special so I haven't changed my mind about my personal longlist so far.  The official longlist will be announced tomorrow so I've run out of time to add to it!  Of the 27 books I haven't yet read I hope to see the following on the main list because they look like great reads:
Berry, Julie, All the Truth That's in Me (Templar)
Campbell-Johnston, Rachel, The Child's Elephant (David Fickling Books)
Carthew, Natasha, Winter Damage (Bloomsbury)
Jarratt, Laura, By Any Other Name (Electric Monkey) 
Jones, Gareth P., Constable and Toop (Hot Key Books)
Kuehn, Stephanie, Charm and Strange (Electric Monkey)
Kurti, Richard, Monkey Wars (Walker Books)
Lake, Nick, Hostage Three (Bloomsbury)
Mayhew Julie, Red Ink (Hot Key Books)
Sepetys, Ruta, Out of the Easy (Puffin Books)

Really excited to see what the judges have picked out as Carnegie worthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment