Sunday 13 March 2016

Carnegie 2016 - my personal shortlist

The official CKG shortlists will be announced on Tuesday 15th March, when shadowing groups around the country will suddenly burst into life and twitter will be abuzz with opinions and reviews.  Next year I wont be allowed to tell you my shortlist because I will be one of the real judges (woo), having to look carefully at the criteria instead of just saying whether I enjoyed it or not!  Normally I would have read all the choices before making my list but there were 4* I didn't get to (trying to keep up with things eligible for next year!) so they had no chance of making my shortlist, but those that have are a fabulously diverse range of titles.  I look forward to seeing how many make the real list:

One by Sarah Crossan (Bloomsbury)
The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge (Macmillan)
The Imaginary by A.F. Harrold (Bloomsbury)
Jessica's Ghost by Andrew Norriss (David Fickling Books)
The Shepherd’s Crown by Terry Pratchett (Penguin Random House)
Five Children on the Western Front by Kate Saunders (Faber)
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley (MiraInk, HarperCollins)
Liccle Bit by Alex Wheatle (Atom Books)

There are a couple there that I think could be winners, the one winner is announced on Monday 20th June!

*I haven't had the chance to read these:
Book by John Agard (Walker Books)
The Earth Is Singing by Vanessa Curtis (Usborne)
Panther by David Owen (Little, Brown Book Group)
My Name's Not Friday by Jon Walter (David Fickling Books)
so who knows if they're shortlist-worthy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment