Tuesday 12 March 2013

CILIP Carnegie and Greenaway Shortlists announced!

Some surprises for me!

CILIP Carnegie Medal 2013 - Nominees

Sarah Crossan, The Weight of Water
Roddy Doyle, A Greyhound of a Girl
Sally Gardner, Maggot Moon
Nick Lake, In Darkness
R.J. Palacio, Wonder
Marcus Sedgwick, Midwinterblood
Dave Shelton, A Boy and a Bear in a Boat
Elizabeth Wein, Code Name Verity

I nominatd Boy and a Bear in a Boat so it is a nice surprise to see it up there, I thought it might be a little bit too simple.  For the same reason I'm surprised to see A Greyhound of a Girl: although I really enjoyed it it didn't seem quite enough.

The Weight of Water and Midwinterblood were both good reads but I there were other things on the list that I thought far more worthy.

The book I thought might win isn't even on the list!  I'm now torn between Maggot Moon and Code Name Verity.

But my short list was half right!  Which is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment