Saturday 9 March 2013

My Personal #CKG2013 Short List!

Ah, the announcement you've all been waiting for, which of the nearly 70 books do I think are Carnegie worthy?  It was a difficult choice, there wasn't anything that I actually disliked, although only maybe 20 of them that I thought were great.  Have a look at my previous posts for brief reviews.

Without further ado, my shortlist of 8 (never know whether it will be 6 or 8 on the real one...) is:

VIII by H.M. Castor
 
Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner
 
After by Morris Gleitzman
 
A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge
 
In Darkness by Nick Lake
 
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
 
Mister Creecher by Chris Priestley
 
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
 
Special mention for: Kill All Enemies by Melvin Burgess and Dying To Know You by Aidan Chambers
 
I can't wait to find out if I match the judges choices although I have a feeling I might be completely out of line with them!  I try to look at the criteria but mainly go with gut instinct as to how 'good' a book is.  I'm not 100% certain of what will win.  Last year I knew it would be A Monster Calls because it was a league above everything else, this year nothing's jumping out at me (not to say they're not as good of course) but I have a feeling it may be...
 
 Keep your eyes peeled for the official shortlist announcement on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment