Tuesday 22 November 2011

Hugo Cabret

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick is one of the most beautiful books I've read, the illustrations and the story telling are amazing, so I was partly excited by and partly dreading the release of the film 'Hugo' on December 2nd until I saw this trailer...


...at which point I started to wholly dread the film because it looks like a typical American kids' film :-(  The fact that they've made it 3D just puts me off straight away as it should be a celebration of the tradition of film making!

Hopefully Martin Scorsese can prove me wrong...

Added 28th November - I saw a trailer on TV at the weekend and the way they're advertising it for the British public makes it look far better than the American trailer...I'm kinda looking forward to it again.

Final update!  Saw it and loved it, phew!  Beautiful imagery and a nice retelling of the story.  My only complaint is that my eyes do not enjoy 3D so quite a lot of it was blurry for me :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment